Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default Getting sewer & water want to keep well too.

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 08:48:33 -0400, Blattus Slafaly
wrote Re Getting sewer & water
want to keep well too.:

Patrick C wrote:
Wondering if we keep our well will it freeze due to non use in the
winter? Is there some maintenance that has to be done when shutting
down. It's a submersible and has a standing pipe, about a foot, in the
yard. They allow us to keep it for outdoor use.

I would refuse public water and sewer. You will pay for that and it
doubles every 4 years.

Good points. Around here county water is $4/1000 gals. To get 1000
gals from my well costs about $0.08 which includes amortizing the $600
it costs me to replace the pump and pressure tank every 20 years.