Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dick Mahany Dick Mahany is offline

Default Tailstock Pivot

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
. ..

"Dick Mahany" wrote in message
I really like the Robust tailstock Tilt-Away idea and decided to try and
make one for my Jet 1642 lathe. I wish I had done this long ago.
Completely eliminates what Bill Grumbine calls "turner's elbow" ! (I just
hope my amateur welding holds up). Thanks to Robust for the great idea.

Looks nice and obviously fulfills its intended purpose. Remember the the
amateur welder's motto, you can improve the appearance of any weld by
painting it!

Is that an official Jet paint color? Or just a real good match?

I couldn't find a close match among the commercially available spray paints.
Since I had a few other Jet tools taht needed touch up, I ordered the paint
from Jet and painted the tailstock pivot too. Hmmm, maybe some black and
red stripes would make it work better.

Dick