Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Tailstock Pivot

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:47:34 -0700, "jloomis" wrote:

CAn I ask what the purpose of this device is for? Sorry for such a dumb
question, but I am interested. I have a jet lathe and have not used it
lately....
Lots of dust and debris to contend with......
I do not have a good vacuum system.
anyway, am curious about the use and application of this device.
Thanks,
jloomis
"Dick Mahany" wrote in message
I really like the Robust tailstock Tilt-Away idea and decided to try and
make one for my Jet 1642 lathe. I wish I had done this long ago.
Completely eliminates what Bill Grumbine calls "turner's elbow" ! (I just
hope my amateur welding holds up). Thanks to Robust for the great idea.

Well, this one looks sort of multi-purpose, but usually it's to allow you to get
the tailstock out of your way (and your elbow's way) without removing and
re-installing it..
I built one years ago the was hinged and it worked pretty well..

On larger lathes, it's easier to just swivel the headstock for access.. YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing