Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
jloomis jloomis is offline

Default Tailstock Pivot

CAn I ask what the purpose of this device is for? Sorry for such a dumb
question, but I am interested. I have a jet lathe and have not used it
lately....
Lots of dust and debris to contend with......
I do not have a good vacuum system.
anyway, am curious about the use and application of this device.
Thanks,
jloomis
"Dick Mahany" wrote in message
I really like the Robust tailstock Tilt-Away idea and decided to try and
make one for my Jet 1642 lathe. I wish I had done this long ago.
Completely eliminates what Bill Grumbine calls "turner's elbow" ! (I just
hope my amateur welding holds up). Thanks to Robust for the great idea.