Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

"Alang" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:34:29 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
Simon Finnigan wrote:

That`s the thing that scares me the most - why put more effort into
dumping something than it takes to get it moved properly? I had an
emptying session in my house, and what was worth giving away went on
freecycle, which is a bit of a pain because of the small number of
idiots
who don`t turn up, and then get back in touch a week later trying to
arrange collection (and get upset when told it`s gone). What wasn`t
worth giving away was collected by the council after one phone call and
2 day wait for them to be back in this area at a time I was in the
house.

Compare that to dragging a washing machine to the nearest place to dump
it (well, the nearest place I ever see anything dumped is a 3 minute
drive away) and it`s obvious which is the easy option. It`d be nice if
science ever came up with a way to implant a brain in some of these
idiots!

A simpler way would be to put an implant into the appliance and register
it to the buyer, from new. He would have the option of letting the
implant
system be aware of who he sold / gave it away to, or if he didn't, he
would face the fine for dumping.

I'd favour that as being a responsible way of dealing with the life of the
thing.

No wonder the government gets away with the stasification of this
country while there are people with attitudes like that.

What's 'stasification' ?

You could make someone show their ID number every time they bought
something

Gosh, I haven't got an ID number - have you? Where did you get it?

Mary