Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
Alang wrote:
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:12:44 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

At last.

I live in hope. Caught the next-door-but-one's latest hump-buddy
dumping a fridge and a washing machine (?!?) at the bottom of the
occupants' garden earlier (in an area that can only be described as
wasteland* now !)

*the council have already had to come in and clear it once before of
all their shi*e - sadly, my immediate next door neighbour does
exactly the same !

To do so, they had to move them over 40 feet across unkempt
wilderness (formerly "garden") and through where their fence should
be - god only knows what happened to the brand new fence they had
put in for free 2 years ago, but there's no sign of one now...

Now throw into the mix that to drag it across the "lawn" they had to
move it past their entry, from where they could have had it picked up
and disposed of *for free* by the council with a single phone call.

You're lucky if you can get this stuff disposed of for free. Our
council has a £20 charge. They don't seem to realise the people who
can't afford a car to get the stuff to the dump are the same ones who
can't afford £20 to have it collected. Then they wonder why so many
fridges and furniture is dumped in back lanes.

If they can't afford a car, how do they get the stuff to the back lanes?
:-)

I thought the same.

But my thoughts on the issue is that even though I am paying them to pick it
up, they expect me to carry it out to my "yard" before they will agree to
collect.

What they don't seem to understand is that if I have to pay the minimum 40
quid (yes I thought that was too much as well) for the man to help me do
this carrying, his van comes along for free, so I no longer need to pay the
council anything.

tim