Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Thoughts for the day

Tim Wescott wrote:

RoyJ wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

Thought 1: "Welding rod machines pretty nice"

Thought 2: "I must be demented, or have low standards"

Thought 3: "Never again will I buy a Smithy"

Was there some sort story behind these profound observations?

Only that I needed a little shaft, and made it out of some 3/16 welding
rod instead of some more generally recognized as machinable material.

Oh -- and whenever I use my Smithy 1.5-in-1 tool it makes me wish I'd
spent the money on a clapped out real lathe.

Oh man, you left yourself open with that first comment. A good retort
could have been, "I thought you already had one. That's what your wife
said anyway!" But I would NEVER think of saying anything like that to
you. ;-)

Jim