Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default a different way to repair car tire?

john wrote:
My tire is punctured by a small screw. I bought a tire plug repair kit, but
it seems like I have to first make the puncture hole *bigger* before I stick
in the plug.

Of the hundreds type of sealant/adhesive sold in home stores, is there one
that I can inject into the puncture (this won't make the hole bigger) and
would cure to the consistency of tire rubber?

I don't think you want to mess with what works. Tire plugs have been
refined and perfected since the introduction of tubeless tires.

That said, a "proper" repair usually involves dismounting the tire and
*both* plugging and installing a patch on the inside of the tire casing...

nate