Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

On Aug 30, 4:27*pm, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:33:43 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message

* Ground up does not work well with all plugs (then again ground
down does not work well with some other plugs.)

I recently bought some power strips for the office and the plug rotates so
it can be use in either direction or even at 45 degrees if you want. *All
the new recepticals installed during a remodel are ground up.

I just saw a 3-pack of "outlet savers" in a store. Those are the
things that are supposed to let you use all the outlets in a power
strip, even when you have several wall-warts. $2 each is a really high
price to pay for 6-inch extension cords.
--
Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

$2 each is a really high price to pay for 6-inch extension cords.

Price out your other options.

Let's say you have 5 or 6 warts and an outlet strip that will only
accommodate 3.

Option 1 - Another power strip. Takes up more space, won't be fully
utilized and probably costs more than $6.

Option 2 - Longer extension cords. Takes up more space (sloppy) and
probably costs more than $6

Option 3 - Spread your warts out to other outlets. Assuming that's
possible, what's the convenience of having all the warts in one place
worth to you? Probably more than $6.

Option 4 - Make your own 6-inch exttension cords. A viable option, but
it'll probably cost close to $6 for all the parts, although you will
have the pleasure of making your own and saying "shove it" to
corporate America. :-)

All in all, I'm not sure that "$2 each is a really high price to pay
for 6-inch extension cords"