Posted to alt.home.repair
WendyC88 WendyC88 is offline

Default New Generator will not start

Hi, was hoping you could help or point me in the right direction. I have a
coleman powermate 6250w generator that has been sitting in a box for about 4
years, no gas or old was ever put in. Today, we go to fire it up, fill it
with oil and fuel, bit it will not start. The plug is new and when holding
near the block, we can see spark plus it has plenty of compression. It
sounds like it wants to catch, but it won't. Fuel valve is on and I can
smell gas like it is getting flooded. Any suggestions or anything we might
have missed? Thanks!