Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default CAN DOWNSPOUT ELBOWS BE BENT ???

On Aug 29, 3:27 pm, (Ron in NY) wrote:
I just picked up a 10 foot length of 2 X 3 downspout, and a couple of "A" & "B"
90 degree elbows. I have to extend one of my downspouts away from the
house to eliminate water coming in under 1 of my garage doors. I need an angle
of about 120 degrees on one of the elbows. Can I sort of "stretch it out from 90
to 120 degrees" or will the elbow distort and kink ??? Many of the elbows on my
house are straighter than 90 degrees, but the only ones I saw in HD were 90's.

Thanks,

RON
Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

You can use a 2x4 in each side of the elbow to pry it open to whatever
angle you need. It wouldn't hurt to have a helper, and you might
damage the first one you try this on.

The last time I did this, it was on bigger elbows, so you might need
something slightly smaller than a 2 x4 to do this properly. Best of
luck.

JK