Mark & Juanita

Default Lots of Spam in Here Lately!

In article ,
says...
Sir Edgar wrote, wondering if this is really what he meant?

Group: rec.woodworking Date: Thu, Aug 28, 2003, 12:04am (EDT-1) From:
(Traves W. Coppock)
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:42:24 GMT, Rich
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:
Haven't been in here in awhile, can't help noticing all the SPAM and
UNSOLICITED POSTS!
Rich
see the most recent FAQ
T.
I used to get all excited about this subject and would write post after
post about it. Then I realized that I was just encouraging them, Now I
scroll through the multiple pages of spam, and click on the woodworking
posts that interest me. I have noticed that the more posts I write in
answer to legimate posters, the more "harvesters" grab my addy and I get
more spam in my e-mail list. Such is life!

Peace ~ Sir Edgar
רררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררררר

But Sir Edgar I wasnt responding to the spamers and cross posters I was
responding to the NG. I was just making an observation. Don't remember this
much spam 6 months ago when I was last in here.

Take care,
Rich

Rich,

Unfortunately, a few months ago, a post that was innocently cross-
posted to several groups relative to a question that needed an immediate
answer was posted to a group that is inhabited by several world-class
sphincter orifice trolls. Initially those trolls brought some of their
foolishness into this newsgroup through their crossposting of their
mindless meanderings. In addition, they apparently cross-posted into
other infested newsgroups, including rec.ww in the distribution lists.
You are now seeing the trolling from trolls from those other newsgroups;
kind of a secondary and tertiary infection if you will.

Anyhow, in a nutshell that is why you are seeing so many off-topic
posts by non-rec.ww's in the newsgroup.

This too shall pass, just kill-file 'em and forget 'em.