Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

On 8/29/2008 12:53 PM Mark spake thus:

On Aug 29, 12:14 pm, "Steve Barker DLT"
wrote:

that's because it doesn't matter.

"Mark" wrote in message

I find it funny that the NEC seems to cover every detail you could
think of, but not this one.

well it does matter in the sense that many cords and wall warts seem
to hang better with the ground pin down....but many commercial
buildings seem to have the ground pin up...

Except that, as someone else pointed out, almost all wall warts have 2
prongs and no ground pin.

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority".