Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default I give up ........... never say never.

My favorite was several years back when the battleship magazine exploded with black powder.

Bob Swinney
"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 18:50:17 -0700, "William Noble"
wrote:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message
I ****ing give up on the press in the United States.

gigantic rant about all sorts of stuff snipped

you cannot honestly turn the lack of knowlege of the press on a particular
subject into a politcal statement like you did. You can point out they are
wrong, and you can have your political opinions, but you have to recognize
that reporters do not know everything, and with the cutbacks, they know less
and less and can spend very little time in research. Almost anyone who
knows a lot about some subject will find errors in reporting on that
subject - that is not a political thing, that is what we get with the
monopilzation of our press and the loss of critical thinking skills by
having our schools pander to the lowest common denominator.

And you end up with statements like my favourite "Police seized a 22
gauge rifle......"
there are lots of smart folks on this NG, with a wide variety of opinions -
how about showing neural activity not just glandular reactions

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada