Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default I give up ........... never say never.

SteveB wrote:
I ****ing give up on the press in the United States. Reporting that
all oil platforms are being evacuated in the Gulf of Mexico. Saying
that the RNC should postpone their convention because of the
hurricane.

In the first case, oil platforms are NEVER totally evacuated during
ANY hurricane. I know. I've been through three hurricanes on
platforms. I worked in the Gulf of Mexico for eight years on rigs,
barges and boats. When was the last time you heard of a hurricane
blowing over a oil platform? I don't believe it can be done, as they
are engineered for waves forty feet higher than a cat 5 storm. Lots
of them keep on producing, and some even keep on drilling, shutting
down only when the winds reach a certain level, then resuming
drilling when they subside. It is almost an impossibility to leave a
platform totally abandoned and unattended, as someone has to be there
to actuate safety equipment in certain scenarios. In many cases
(been there, done that) personnel are trapped on the platforms
because they miss the escape window. They can't fly out because
choppers are grounded, and swinging over by manropes is Russian
roulette.

This only shows the ignorance of the press and the yellow dog
journalism of the sensationalism rags they have become. And the
stupidity of the American public as to life in the real world.

And please, if anyone can, explain to me how the delaying of the
Republican convention, which is IIRC several miles away from the
hurricane's path, would help anything. Oh, it could be called a
humanitarian deed, since "normal humanitarians" would never conceive
having a convention with a hurricane going on. Well, let's take it
to the next level, and just wait until the weather is clear ALL OVER
THE ****ING WORLD so we can show that the Republicans are as kind and
caring as the Democrats profess to be. Would Barry, Hillary, Billary,
and the gang have canceled theirs? Only if it were in New Orleans or
Houston.

Oh, well, the Repubics are getting the last laugh, picking up a HUGE
(sorry I can't put it in larger type font, and make HUGE red and
bold) voter block of women voters.

Barry, bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass
goodbye back home. I never believed in my lifetime I would see
anyone stupider than Jimmy Carter. Never say never.

McCain could have picked a real personality like Hutchinson and gotten
votes. Palin won't get him anything he didn't already have. Well, he'll be
seriously laughed at now by both parties rather than just one.

He apparently hit Hooters on his speed dial by mistake or maybe that was
where he met with the "commitee" he consulted to finalize his selection. I
don't know which it was but he's clearly lost any genuine desire to win.
There is a point where being a "Maverick" crosses over into K00Kd0m and
McCain blew right by it with his selection.

You know, had bush not done such a crappy job Obama probably would have
waited to run.
Hillary is polarizing enough that a Republican would have had a genuine
chance this time around.

I'll be laughing at you when the arrests and trails get into full swing
buddy.
A Democratic Senate and Democratic House with a Democrat in the WH?
Joe Biden is going to bring on some serious payback and he's just the guy to
do it.

There won't be a Republican lawyer out of work for a decade.
All fair and square.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com