Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Any way to secure tiny screw on reading glasses?

In article ,
wrote:

All right then. Are the eyeglass frames plastic? I destroyed about
$10,000 worth of freshly minted medical devices a few years back, with
LocTite. It isn't compatible with thermoplastics. Eats away at it over
the course of several days, and the plastic more or less disintegrates.

The containers for Loctite are thermoplastic.

I don't know what type of plastic the containers are made of. I do know
my own experience, and the resultant follow up that was done, including
a consultation with Loctite.

I also know that the product literature includes this statement:

"This product is not normally recommended for use on plastics
(particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of
the plastic could result). Users are recommended to confirm
compatibility of the product with such substrates."