Sweet Sawdust

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

The only tool that I have not received an injury from is: I can't think of
one that in all my time of wood working, metal working, repair work etc
that I have not received some sort of injury from, although very minor in
almost every case. A few cases from a faulty tool, a few because that was
the only way to use the tool and get the job done, and a lot from pure
carelessness, or improper tool use. Good question.
"EmbErna" wrote in message

Let's turn this question around a bit...

"What in your opinion is the LEAST dangerous tool in your wood
shop, based on the number and severity of injuries you have
received, not on what you have heard from other people."

Some folks who have NEVER been injured by their table saw
might answer "table saw".

I can only conclude that since a table saw can be the most
dangerous AND also the least dangerous, the REAL danger in
the shop is the USER.

Think about it, the tools themselves are not dangerous, it's
the person using the tool who adds the danger component. Use
every tool with the utmost respect and safety and YOU will be
the least dangerous tool in your shop!

mjbrna
ps. I agree that a table saw may have 'more potential' to injure
when compared with other tools, but that wasn't the question.

What in your opinion is the most dangerous tool in your wood shop, based