Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default bond foam rubber

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:54:14 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Karl Townsend" quickly quoth:

packing line repair time...

My better half is trying to bond soft foam rubber to steel. She tried
gorilla glue today and it don't look good. What works best?

I bond soft foam rubber to ballistic nylon fabric with 3M Super 77
spray adhesive, which is also used to bond headliners and landau tops
on cars (though they have a higher-heat version, too.)

What's her steel and how is this used? Temp extremes involved?

More info, please, Karl!

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.