Posted to alt.home.repair
Square Peg Square Peg is offline

Default Any way to secure tiny screw on reading glasses?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:36:29 -0500, Uncle Monster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_center_punch

http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-.../dp/B00004T7RJ
Wow. I never heard of these things. I'll get one and give it a try.

This tool is usually in a car thief's toolbox. A quick almost silent
way to shatter a side window of a prospective car. Also something
you don't want a cop to see you have. Many cops think tools like this
are only used by car thieves.

I keep the small one in my work shirt
pocket next to the little screwdrivers,
markers, thermometer, ball point pen,
etc. I had a service call at The U.S.
Attorney's office in downtown a while
back and had to explain to the security
guards that I had all manner of sharp
metallic objects on my person and in my
tool case. It was no problem because I
was there to make legal use of all my
sharp implements, including my rather
small brain. *snicker*

Your brain is small, but very sharp?

Are you allowed on airplanes with it, or do they make you check it?
That would actually be an advantage as you would not be nearly as
likely to be annoyed by being charged for a pillow or a trip to the
can.