Posted to alt.home.repair
Square Peg Square Peg is offline

Default Any way to secure tiny screw on reading glasses?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:34:55 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:40:29 -0700, Square Peg
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 03:55:41 -0400,
wrote:

Nail polish before assembly

Does that work? Because it's just sticky enough?

Yes it works like just like small screw Loctite except you don't have
to run to the hardware store and spend any money.

Hold on there, pardner. It ain't a DIY project without at least two
(2) trips to the hardware store. ;-)

It is best to clean
and dry the screw and nut with alcohol before assembly.

Heck, I was just gonna squirt the Loctite right in there without even
taking the nut off. (Unless the instructions say otherwise and my wife
is helping/watching.) I always drop those little buggers on the carpet
or lawn and can never find them.