Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Sanyo Eneloop batteries and charger: Work for Texas Instruments84 calc?

William Sommerwerck wrote:

There *is* no problem with them. I use several brands, including Sanyo
Eneloop. Low self-discharge NiMH batteries have made regular NiMH batteries
obsolete, IMO. [Except for in heavily used high current applications, only
because the capacity of low-discharge NiMH batteries is not yet as high as
regular NiMH batteries.

No, I meant regular NiMH cells.

I have a big pile of them, and recharge them as needed.

Yeah, I have a pile of them too. I just never use regular NiMH since the
low discharge ones got so cheap. I can put a pair of low discharge NiMH
AA cells in my 2-cell AA flashlight (which might go weeks without use),
and it's ready to use when needed. Last had to recharge those batteries
months ago. Try *that* with regular NiMH cells. Kodak even sells the
low discharge cells in a 4-pack, fully charged and ready to use. Find
*that* with regular NiMH cells? Heck no. My regular NiMH cells are now
only used in high-current, heavy use applications - where self discharge
isn't an issue. I have six remote control units and a cordless mouse that
use low-discharge NiMH batteries. They operate almost as long as alkalines.
Try *that* with regular NiMH cells.