Silvan

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

Kelby wrote:

But I have dropped a few tools and heavy pieces of lumber on my toes.
I have a bunch of black toenails to prove it. (They eventually grow
out, but I bang them again and get new black spots on my toenails.)
So for me, the most dangerous thing in my shop is my sandals. I could
have eliminated all of my shop injuries over the years ('cept for a
few slivers) simply by wearing my boots.

Me too. I have a tiny sliver of swarf embedded somewhere deep inside my
left foot, and an ugly place on my right foot where I dropped not one, not
two, but three box end wrenches off the workbench and right onto my foot.

I should definitely wear boots in the shop, but I have to wear boots
professionally, and I tend to wear my comfortable shoes--sandals or
mocasins--at home, logic be damned. Putting on my boots to go to the shop
feels too much like work.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17412 Approximate word count: 522360