Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Dust Collector question

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
Vic Baron wrote:

Should I try to clean the upper bag and how? Doesn't seem like there's
anything to 'empty' but appears that there's a fine coating of dust along
the walls. Would this result in reduced suction? I guess I could try a
shop vac.

The upper bag will get a fair bit of fine dust, which will clog the pores
and reduce airflow. DON'T use a shopvac right up against the fabric, as
the airspeed is too high and could damage the fabric.

Try just holding onto the fabric at different spots and shaking it. You
should see a fair bit of the dust cake just fall off and into the lower
bag.

Chris

Thanks Chris - that makes sense. I'll give it a shot.

Vic