Posted to rec.woodworking
Vic Baron Vic Baron is offline

Default Dust Collector question

I have a Grizzly Dust collector which has, up to now, been just fine. Lately
I've noticed a drop in efficiency so I cleaned out the lower bag, checked
for leaks in the system and any blockages in the PVC 4" pipes - all seems
ok. I have an add-on upper bag which is supposed to filter better that the
supplied one. I have never tried to clean it mainly because the lower bag
gets all the sawdust, etc.

Should I try to clean the upper bag and how? Doesn't seem like there's
anything to 'empty' but appears that there's a fine coating of dust along
the walls. Would this result in reduced suction? I guess I could try a shop
vac.

Thanx,

Vic

--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't