Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 10:27:10 -0500, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:36:20 -0500, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Ok Morris (why did your parents name you after a ****ty English car
anyways?) please indicate what is false about the forward?

I was named after my father, who (I was told) was named after an
ancestor whose last name was Morris and who was one of the Colonial
troublemakers.

I never got to know Morris Sr. because he died in 1945, when he was just
twenty-six and I was three. I'm not much impressed by a juvenile
smart-ass remarks about a person of whom you know absolutely nothing.

My Irony Meter just exploded in flames. Think hard about your
comment Morris.

I suspect that if there were any substance to your reasoning, I would
have been named Ford. :-)

My attempt at mocking humor of course.

I only have two books written by Obama:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BHObook1.html and
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BHObook2.html

I bought and read the books because I knew little about Obama, and
wanted more information. When I learned that Obama would be coming to a
town hall meeting, I re-read both books - and took them to the meeting
so I could ask a few questions about what I'd read. The author was
gracious enough to take the time to sign both books.

Im sure he was. Most politicians will be nice when they are trolling
for voters.

Say..did you read "The Obama Nation: Leftist Politics and the Cult of
Personality? Its fascinating reading.

Your forward claims to present Obama positions and a plan attributed to
Obama's wife - and exhorts the readers (you and the people with whom you
shared the exhortation) to read his books to see for ourselves.

Take it up with the forward. I simply passed it along. If its
false..Im sure it will show up on Snopes before long.

I'm unable to find any such positions and I found no plan that can be
attributed to Obama's wife.

Good on you.

As far as I've been able to determine the entire forward is false and
misleading.

Oh..like most of Obamas positions?

Btw...have you seen this yet?

http://democrats-against-obama.org/

Chuckle.....

Say..hows that nasty lawsuit Democrats have going against Obama doing?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gla...-against-obama

In the lawsuit, Berg (an ardent Democrat) states that Sen. Obama was
born in Kenya, and not in Hawaii as the senator maintains. Before
giving birth, according to the lawsuit, Obama's mother traveled to
Kenya with his father but was prevented from flying back to Hawaii
because of the late stage of her pregnancy, "apparently a normal
restriction to avoid births during a flight." As Sen. Obama's own
paternal grandmother, half-brother and half-sister have also claimed,
Berg maintains that Stanley Ann Dunham--Obama's mother--gave birth to
little Barack in Kenya and subsequently flew to Hawaii to register the
birth.

Berg cites inconsistent accounts of Sen. Obama's birth, including
reports that he was born at two separate hospitals--Kapiolani Hospital
and Queens Hospital--in Honolulu, as well a profound lack of birthing
records for Stanley Ann Dunham, though simple "registry of birth"
records for Barack Obama are available in a Hawaiian public records
office.

Should Sen. Obama truly have been born in Kenya, Berg writes, the laws
on the books at the time of his birth hold that U.S. citizenship may
only pass to a child born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent and
non-citizen parent if the former was at least 19 years of age. Sen.
Obama's mother was only 18 at the time. Therefore, because U.S.
citizenship could not legally be passed on to him, Obama could not be
registered as a "natural born" citizen and would therefore be
ineligible to seek the presidency pursuant to Article II, Section 1 of
the United States Constitution.

Moreover, even if Sen. Obama could have somehow been deemed "natural
born," that citizenship was lost in or around 1967 when he and his
mother took up residency in Indonesia, where Stanley Ann Dunham
married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Berg also states that he
possesses copies of Sen. Obama's registration to Fransiskus Assisi
School In Jakarta, Indonesia which clearly show that he was registered
under the name "Barry Soetoro" and his citizenship listed as
Indonesian.

The Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg says, is a forgery. In the suit,
the attorney states that the birth certificate on record is a forgery,
has been identified as such by three independent document forensic
experts, and actually belonged to Maya Kasandra Soetoro, Sen. Obama's
half-sister.

Your opinon of course doesnt count..please provide cites

I don't particularly care if you value my opinion or not. The cites are
the complete texts of the two books.

Is that all he has written?

I'll echo your anonymous fellow traveler's suggestion: read the books.

Ive read enough of his positions, his speeches and his history to know
he is a Marxist puppet..an empty suit controlled by his masters behind
the throne. He makes Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton look good.

His wife has been likened to the spirtual twin of Angela Davis.

Just what we need controlling the single remaining world
power......the man with the Football.

A shill for the Daley machine..and you want to make him President?

Right...go ahead and put a weasel in the hen house. It will just
bring the Revolution a lot closer to actually happening.

You folks on the left have a long history of never looking at the
ultimate results of your actions..the unintended consequences. Given
the horrific history of such unintended consequences your lot have
been responsible for...shrug...

Lets hope you can avoid being responsible for a civil war. But..your
lot isnt that smart. Just keep in mind, when you push that button for
Barry..you may be pushing the reset button on the nation.

See you at the barracades.

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,