Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Obama

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:36:20 -0500, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Ok Morris (why did your parents name you after a ****ty English car
anyways?) please indicate what is false about the forward?

I was named after my father, who (I was told) was named after an
ancestor whose last name was Morris and who was one of the Colonial
troublemakers.

I never got to know Morris Sr. because he died in 1945, when he was just
twenty-six and I was three. I'm not much impressed by a juvenile
smart-ass remarks about a person of whom you know absolutely nothing.

I suspect that if there were any substance to your reasoning, I would
have been named Ford. :-)

I only have two books written by Obama:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BHObook1.html and
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/BHObook2.html

I bought and read the books because I knew little about Obama, and
wanted more information. When I learned that Obama would be coming to a
town hall meeting, I re-read both books - and took them to the meeting
so I could ask a few questions about what I'd read. The author was
gracious enough to take the time to sign both books.

Your forward claims to present Obama positions and a plan attributed to
Obama's wife - and exhorts the readers (you and the people with whom you
shared the exhortation) to read his books to see for ourselves.

I'm unable to find any such positions and I found no plan that can be
attributed to Obama's wife.

As far as I've been able to determine the entire forward is false and
misleading.

Your opinon of course doesnt count..please provide cites

I don't particularly care if you value my opinion or not. The cites are
the complete texts of the two books.

I'll echo your anonymous fellow traveler's suggestion: read the books.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar