Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default really old phone lines

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:52:57 -0500, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

[snip]

In other words, with eight parties (with properly wired telephones) on a
single pair, only FOUR would hear the ringing of partymates.

I missed those days by a decade or two. I didn't miss much, methinks.

I believe there were 8 people on the party line my parents were on
(and grandparents on that line too). We never heard rings for someone
else. I don't know exactly how it was wired, except there were 2 wires
entering the house.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."