Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A "living constitution" and serious " change" was Obama

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:22:39 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Tue, 26 Aug 2008 20:03:50 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Now interpreted another way...Id not be surprised if the Leftists do
return parts of the Constitution back to the way it was before
Bush...before the Left got its ass handed to it for its attempts at
Nanny State building.

Gonna wipe that pesky Heller decision right off the history books,
right? Tax breaks, selling off surplus government lands....giving the
IRA and the ATF their armed gunships back....

Ayup..just what we all need...IRS agents in heavily armed gunships....

You will love it wontcha Leo?

Papers Please! A start up of the Gulag system....say Leo..you do
know you are a Kulack..doncha?

Be damned careful of what you wish for old son....you might get it.

I wonder if any of those on the left really understand that not
every "anarchy" is a state without a government. Where you cannot
depend on the rule of law, there too is an "anarchy" - a state without
a " structure". Government officials can do as they please, and there
ain't diddly the liberals can do about it. But it isn't limited to
the government, it is also those persons who can collect enough
influence to have the government do their dirty work for them. Maybe
have the IRS investigate their competition. Or maybe OSHA. Or the
EPA. Or Customs. Or the Federal Office of Contract Compliance.

"Stroke of the pen, law of the land. Pretty cool, hey?"

And the worse part about it is, to quote an old song "freedom is
having nothing left to lose." Google up Solsynitsyn on "how our
hearts burned in the camps" about how they realized that GULAG began
with the accused's compliance with the system.

Crap. When the rednecks and kindred decide they have nothing left to
lose, and "come off the reservation", it will be a bad thing. If you
don't see why it would be a problem, you are fortunate to live in such
a nice world. I would like to live there too, but I'm too old to
believe in fairy tales, or the perfect society here on earth.

Over on misc.survivalism, there is a "What if" thread. What if a NIED
(Nuclear Improvised Explosive Device. If it doesn't have a Government
contract number on it, and isn't delivered by a military means, it is
not a Bomb, but an "improvised explosive device".) is detonated in an
up scaled version of Sept 11th. One thing not being considered is
that every left-liberal political or activist is going to sprout cross
hairs. That is to say, a lot of 'folk' are likely to decide that
seeing as how the Government has been unable to perform it's duty of
keeping the populace safe, the citizenry will have to do the job. And
anyone who objects too strenuously to the simple idea of enforcing
national sovereignty is likely to be considered an enemy agent, if not
an enemy combatant.
And that will be bad. Civil wars usually are. And this is not
going to be a fantasy "the militias will meet the army on the field of
battle, banners flying." while the networks broadcast a play by play.
It will be "wet work". Disinformation, disappearances, disasters.

But the left will get their nanny state, however it will be more of a
police state. All of our rights will be abridged, left right and
other. Surviving "progressives" are likely to find themselves fondly
recalling the days of the Bu****ler Karl Rove Neo-con Theocracy, when
they were merely considered "amusing", and not threats to
civilization. And that is if it goes "well". I seriously do not want
to be trying to recover after that economic downturn.

crud. I was suppose to be in bed an hour ago.

pyotr

I wonder if Leo and his brothers and sisters on the far left, have
ever read Unintended Consequences, by John Ross?

Evidently not.

They really should.

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,