Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Obama

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

snip

Not sure about others, but for me the decision of who I vote for would be
difficult enough even if both sides talked truthfully about (only) their
own position - because I find myself in agreement with different parts of
both parties platforms.

When they don't do that - and when proponents of one or the other begin
injecting outright falsehoods - the evaluation process is made even more
difficult, and I'm inclined to view such lies as attempts to subvert the
entire democratic election process.

/My/ intent wasn't to make anyone look stupid or dishonest - it was to
determine the truth of what appeared to be a questionable assertion about
material that I had read multiple times and could not recall any part to
which the assertion could be applied.

I would have been considerably happier if Gunner had included a list of
page numbers to the material he found objectionable.

Morris, you can save yourself a lot of time by ignoring anything that Gunner
cuts and pastes here. It's usually from an unidentified source that he picks
up in the right-wing nutbag blogs and websites, often from a "military
officer just returned from Iraq," or, in this case, a "Vietnam vet who
refused a promotion to general." The Special Forces angle is a nice twist.
d8-)

He never knows the source, and he has no interest in whether it's true.
We've called him on this bull**** so many times that it's become a joke.
Typically, he'll drop these turds and then demand that you disprove it, like
he's done here. When he's in a corner he'll start insulting you and your
mother -- I see that he went right for your given name in this case and
tried to make a joke of it. g

Don't try to reason with him. To borrow a phrase, you'll just frustrate
yourself and annoy the pig.

--
Ed Huntress