David

Default Installing toilet in internal bathroom

"BillR" wrote in message ...
David wrote:

Thanks NP - yes, I read several threads about this before posting, but
couldn't find anything about my specific issue of going through the
stud partition, in the middle of the room. I'd already worked out
that a fall of no more than 2" across the bedroom should be OK; I
think the problem is really how to get the pipe down through the
partition to below floor level in the first place without encroaching
on the bedroom...

If your partition wall is not thick enough for the soil pipe then obviously
it will have to be external to the wall.
I assume your toilet is to be a modern low level suite and not a hidden
cistern?
If you already have the toilet and the exit is horizontal there should be
enough space between it and the back of the cistern for a vertical pipe with
a 90 deg bend at the top anyway esp if you use a "space saver" coupler.
If you have yet to buy the toilet, consider a vertical outlet one.

We do have a toilet (reasonably new, staandard low level), with
horizontal pan outlet, but am prepared to replace it with one having a
vertical outlet if that's what it takes; and it sounds like it might.
Might depend on what's below the floor under the partition I suppose
(sorry I'm a bit vague but I don't actually get the keys to the place
till the weekend! - so watch this space for a panicked posting on
Saturday!)

David