Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Homelite ST175 String trimmer parts?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:11:51 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

I stuck a hardwood dowel into the bottom of the piston and did my best
to smack it upwards, though with limited clearance of the machine
base..couldnt put a lot of Smack into it. I didnt beat on the exposed
skirts of course....G

Gunner

Since you can get to the bottom of the piston here is another thing to
try. Make up a piece that will allow you to put even pressure on the
piston. Now take a small hydraulic jack and put it in there. What I
usually do when I try this is to put the jack on the ground or arrange
it in such a way that the weight of the engine will be held by the jack
lifting on the piston. Jack it up so there is some pressure on the
piston. Now use a weed burner to heat the block. Then let it set. they
usually break loose in a couple days. Then jack the piston out.

There is an idea!

Thanks!

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,