Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Homelite ST175 String trimmer parts?

I stuck a hardwood dowel into the bottom of the piston and did my best
to smack it upwards, though with limited clearance of the machine
base..couldnt put a lot of Smack into it. I didnt beat on the exposed
skirts of course....G

Gunner

Since you can get to the bottom of the piston here is another thing to
try. Make up a piece that will allow you to put even pressure on the
piston. Now take a small hydraulic jack and put it in there. What I
usually do when I try this is to put the jack on the ground or arrange
it in such a way that the weight of the engine will be held by the jack
lifting on the piston. Jack it up so there is some pressure on the
piston. Now use a weed burner to heat the block. Then let it set. they
usually break loose in a couple days. Then jack the piston out.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York