Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default really old phone lines

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:14:23 -0500, dpb wrote:

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:46:47 -0500, Uncle Monster wrote:
Radio Shack sold 3 wire phone cable at one time
but a check of their site doesn't show it now.
I think I actually have a roll of the RS brand
3 wire somewhere.

I don't recall them ever calling it phone wire.

May have something to do w/ the old Western Electric thing???

In '78 the new house was wired by WE and the basement wasn't yet
finished but was intended. The very kind installer left me an end spool
of cable to use when I got the walls up. A number of years later there
was a service call -- when I got home that evening, I noticed the
remaining spool of wire had left w/ the telephone guy--still protective
after all those years!!!

I have had wire around when calling for service. I'd hide it (and
tools too).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."