Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default electrician, breaker and amps question regarding cost...

"markm75" wrote in message
For our business. we had a 30 amp breaker put in at one point and 30
feet of coiled wiring ran to our server room...

This was to be for a UPS which required a 30 amp breaker..

Since that time, we opted to go with a very large ups.. which
requires
a 60 amp breaker.. (and heavier gauge wiring, i believe)..

We have had a few quotes so far..

It seems they would have to rewire the 30 foot distance, hardware
into
the back of the UPS and change the breaker from 30 to 60...

So far, quotes range from $1000-$1300 for this work..

Does this seem right? Is it that much more expensive (equipment
cost?) from a 30 to 60 amp breaker? IE: i think the original work
was around $450?

I should add, this is a 220volt line (208?).. i forget the exact
value, but 2PH+G on the ups connection end..

Thanks in advance

These things vary from location to location, and copper prices swing wildly
and are very high right now. Since you've used the word "quotes" meaning
you've gotten several prices, I'd guess that's what that job costs in your
area right now