David Binkowski

Default Most dangerous tool in shop

I have to admit. I get very giggly when I see someone using a
sharp pen-knife, or screwdriver to force something. Its not
funny exactly, but a feeling of hysteria sets in when I see their
hand begin to tremble, jamming the the small metal object at
whatever they're working on. I can't NOT watch it, but I feel
like covering my eyes still.

And invariably it ends up with the implement slipping forward,
and the person grabs one hand or the other tightly to stop the
bleeding. Sometimes it just results in a bad blood blister or
torn off finger nail...

Rule of thumb. If you have ANYTHING in your hand that
you are applying force to, and any part of you, or the tool
begins trembling, start over and find a better way...

So I installed it on Linux...
"AJS" wrote in message

"Sweet Sawdust"
wrote in message ...

What in your opinion is the most dangerous tool in your wood shop,

For me, it has to be the humble screwdriver.
Three times over the last 25 years, I've put screwdrivers straight through
one of my fingers, usually when (mis)using one to remove a circlip.
I did eventually learn from this repeated painful experience and bought a
pair
of circlip pliers.

Now, if you had asked which tool has the most potential for danger,
that would have to be the table saw but luckily, I've not found a way
of removing circlips with the TS yet