Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

drugs began to take hold. I remember Stephen Howard
saying something like:

Maybe what kids need is a decent instrument and a sound that inspires
them - and lord knows I've seen my fair share of clunky old uprights
gathering dust simply because they're as uninspiring to play as a
cheese banjo.

You got that right. I not-so-fondly recall, as a kid, struggling away on
a succession of uprights in shiny brown wood, wrestling noises from them
and hoping they would magically fall to pieces so I could go home.
Ye gods, what I would have given then for a digital piano - even a Casio
keyboard - what joyful sounds could have been made to squawk from it.

By the time they appeared, the dream was dead.

--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.