Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Howard Stephen Howard is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:24:22 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

snip
Anyone who has ever worked in a recording studio would be delighted to be
able to get shot of the real piano. They take up a lot of room and cost a
deal to tune and maintain. But like all instruments they will never be
replaced by a synthesizer or sampler - except where the type of music
calls for that specific sound. Ie, the cheap to make sort.

I'm not sure that we should say 'never'. I just hope it's not in my
lifetime.

Funny that - that's pretty much what was said of the first pianos in
the early 18th century. It wasn't until the 1760s that the concept
gained any real sort of acceptance.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk