Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default really old phone lines

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 22:51:44 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:45:15 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

IF the telco installed a demarc box, that is true. However, at least
in my area, a lot of homes were missed. If the owner of such a home calls
for a line problem today, the telco is required to repair the line even
if it is inside the home,

I don't know where you heard that but they can put that Dmark on the
first time you call them and walk away if their butt set works from
the Dmark. The next time you will pay a trip charge.
In real life I have not seen a house without a Dmark in almost 30
years. Maybe they are just more proactive in Florida

I don't have one (in east Texas), although a neighbor does.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."