Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo Eneloop batteries and charger: Work for Texas Instruments 84 calc?

"Haywire1" wrote in message
I have Eneloops, Ray-O-Vac "Hybrid", and Duracell Low-Self-Discharge
batteries, and love them all. My children (and the rest of my family,
including me...) go through a lot of batteries, so I sprang for the best
charger (Just an opinion, there are other very good ones out there) - the
Ansmann Energy 16 (Paid $119 at Amazon.com) If you're just interested in
charging just AA's and AAA's, I think the LaCrosse BC-900 is a much

better
choice (tells you actual maH accumulated charge!) for much less ($40 at
Amazon, free shipping) and comes with 4 each (total 8) AA and AAA

batteries,
plus other accessories. It has features even my Ansmann does not, like
user-selectable charge rates, and a test mode with actual battery capacity
readout on a digital display. I haven't used one, but the reviews seem to
indicate that people are very happy with it.

I would recommend the MAHA (Powerex) MH-C9000, which I _have_ used and am
very enthusiastic about.

I don't understand this business about "low self-discharge" NiMH batteries,
as I'ven never noticed any particular problem with them.