Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting rid of a piano.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Stephen Howard wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:29:46 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Stephen Howard wrote:
But maybe kids need to hear acoustic sound. It's just musical
typewriting otherwise
There goes the electric guitar then. Heaven knows how it made it this
far.
The electric guitar is an instrument in its own right.

Sure it is, but it isn't musical typewriting.

I didn't say it was. Nor agree with the statement.

Maybe what kids need is a decent instrument and a sound that inspires
them - and lord knows I've seen my fair share of clunky old uprights
gathering dust simply because they're as uninspiring to play as a
cheese banjo.
That's a totally different argument.

Not if you're a kid sat at a clunky old upright.

I'm just saying an electric piano doesn't sound like a real one - anymore
than an electric guitar sounds like an acoustic one, or a drum generator
sound like a drum kit. However much place they may have in modern music.
I'm not even saying I don't like them.

Actually they can do, but its a bit of a waste of time to make them that
way, since the acoustic stuff already exists, works well, and does the
same job.