Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Getting rid of a piano.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Stephen Howard wrote:
But maybe kids need to hear acoustic sound. It's just musical
typewriting otherwise

There goes the electric guitar then. Heaven knows how it made it this
far.

The electric guitar is an instrument in its own right. Unless you
actually think it sounds like an acoustic one?

So is an electric piano.
Just because someone doesn't like digital pianos doesn't make them cr@p.
It just makes them an old fart.

When electric guitars came out there will have been the same old farts
saying it isn't music, it sounds cr@p, etc. just as the old farts say
digital pianos aren't real and sound worse than "real" pianos.
Just as they said the same when harpsichords were around.

If it were left to the old farts we would still be living in mud^W caves as
there is always an old fart that thinks something new is wrong.

Lets stick geoff in Dudley town hall with his upright and my daughter with
her Korg and a few hundred people (yes she has done that) and see which gets
the best response.