Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default really old phone lines

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:57:04 -0400, "TWayne"
wrote:

[snip]

You can't read: READ what I said: "A telco will ... ". Using those
wires for a phone line can of course be done. ANY wires could be used.
But you'll never get a telco to work on them ever again; all they would
offer to do would be to rip it out and replace it with properly wired
system.
Up your reading comprehension skills. Hell, I could use 10 ga green
wires if I wanted to. But come back to earth Scottie.

I have had a second line in here, but the telco put in completely
different wiring for it. No cables are shared.

BTW, I later found out they charge over $200 for a little wiring, I
could easily have done myself. It's still take new wire, since the old
wiring has just 3 wires.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."