Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default Screws - particle board vs. construction

On Aug 25, 2:18*pm, Fred the Red Shirt
wrote:
On Aug 25, 2:01 pm, "Leon" wrote:

"Jimbo" wrote in message

In the past, I've always used particle board screws (coarse thread,
narrow shift, countersunk head nibbed on underside) for kitchen
cabinet case construction. *Recently, I've noticed that construction
screws are very similar - even identical - and more widely available.
Is there any significant difference between the two types that I am
missing?

Construction screws? *Are you talking about dry wall screws? *If so, use dry
wall screws for drywall, they are typically too lite of a gauge for
furniture and they are way too brittle.

Perhaps he means decking screws. * *I would expect those to be
more expensive due to the need for corrosion resistance.

--

FF

No, not decking screws, construction screws! Here's another link:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/967794... ction_screw/