Posted to alt.home.repair

Default really old phone lines

On Mon 25 Aug 2008 04:06:08a, wendylee815 told us...

wendylee815 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...d-phone-lines-

327064-.htm
:

wow, i really like to thank you all for your help...who knew that i only
needed two of the wires?..i sure didnt, neither did my husband...lol
i was pleasantly surprised to find a reply to my question so
quickly..again, thank you all..but i do have one more question...you
mentioned that one of the wires are for lighted phones, my question is,
will my cordless phones have lights on the handset since they will be
charged on the regular 110 line?

The lights in your cordless phones will work fine, since their lights are
operated by the rechargeable batteries in the phones.

The additional wire used to power lights in phones originated when the Bell
System introduced sets like the Princess Phones which had no other source
of power.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Monday, 08(VIII)/25(XXV)/08(MMVIII)