Posted to alt.home.repair

Default really old phone lines

On Aug 25, 7:06�am,
(wendylee815) wrote:
wendylee815 had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-really-old-phone-lines...
�:

wow, i really like to thank you all for your help...who knew that i only
needed two of the wires?..i sure didnt, neither did my husband...lol
i was pleasantly surprised to find a reply to my question so
quickly..again, thank you all..but i do have one more question...you
mentioned that one of the wires are for lighted phones, my question is,
will my cordless phones have lights on the handset since they will be
charged on the regular 110 line?

yeah cordless dont depend on phone line power for lights. just forget
about it. other than looking and removing any old wall transformers
connected to the phone line. they are unnecessary and can cause servce
troubles.