Posted to alt.home.repair
wendylee815 wendylee815 is offline

Default really old phone lines

wendylee815 had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...es-327064-.htm
:

wow, i really like to thank you all for your help...who knew that i only
needed two of the wires?..i sure didnt, neither did my husband...lol
i was pleasantly surprised to find a reply to my question so
quickly..again, thank you all..but i do have one more question...you
mentioned that one of the wires are for lighted phones, my question is,
will my cordless phones have lights on the handset since they will be
charged on the regular 110 line?

-------------------------------------
Steve Barker DLT wrote:

You only need 2. Pick two that are good and go with them.

"wendylee815"
wrote in message

we just bought this house and want to put a phone in the
kitchen..unfortunatly, the wires are bare....now we bought the
jack and
went to install it, and found that there are only three wires
coming out
of the hole, red, green and yellow..no black,,,
how can we install this new jack to an old line that has only the
three
colored wires?