Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Homelite ST175 String trimmer parts?

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 01:32:14 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
Its kinda on the back burner at the moment..Ill get back to it before
long. Everytime I go by it..I smack the top of the piston with a
hammer and a chunk of wook a couple times, pour in some fresh Kroil
and cover it back up again.

Gunner

Here's a strange idea. Make a 1/2" thick plate with a 1/2" nipple in it. Bolt
it on the offending cylinder with some type of gasket. Hook up a hydraulic pump
to the nipple.

Actually...not a bad idea

Id have to pull some of the busted head bolts and replace em first
though.....

And used quite a bit. Using a standard grease gun for a pump and a plate
with a zerk on it.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Life is not like a box of chocolates
it's more like a jar of jalapenos-
what you do today could burn your ass tomorrow!