Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Newbie Question on Flyback Primary Winding

To know this you will really need the schematics from the
manufactures.

Remember that your tester is only doing a basic reactance test of the
device. To properly test a flyback it has to be properly driven and
loaded. Then the current pull and various voltages have to be
varified. It is not a simple process to properly test a flyback!

Jerry G.

I just bought a flyback tester and have a drawer full of flybacks that
I want to test. How do I know what pins to connect it to? The
directions say to simple hook it up to the primary windings, but which
pins are these?

Thanks