Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Attic Fan

On Aug 17, 10:41*am, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
I have no attic fan to draw out warm air in the summer, and I was
wondering how difficult this is to install? *

Or, who can I call to have this put in? *I don't know if I trust going
to home deport and getting a list of contractors from them. *I mean,
the people at my HD are like clueless zombies, so how good could the
contractors be?

Tony

Anthony: the fan does not necessarily have to be in the roof, although
many fans and vents are.
In our case we installed fan in the in the end gable of single storey
house.
It draws out hot air. Fresh air comes in via the soffit vents and a
vent in the gable at the other end of the house. During the winter in
this fairly severe climate we close off and/or remove the fan. Right
now it's on a switch but intend to put it on a thermostat so it cuts
in when the attic area gets hot!