The Natural Philosopher

Default Wood worm

Andy Dingley wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:51:25 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

No, you are wrong, he is right. In winter teh relative humidity inside a
house drops to an all time low as cold air is heated, it loses humidity.

In continental Europe or the USA it does, but in England, our winters
aren't very cold, yet are still damp.

I'm in Bristol, in a centrally heated Victorian terrace with no
significant draughts or damp problems, and I have temp and RH monitors
all over the house. My winter indoor RH is about 70%. In the
workshop I can reach 100% RH in January.

Well that is bristol for you - warm and wet!

Seriously, here in east anglia, the RH goes way down in winter cxost teh
heating is on. In summer water will drip of the incoming mains pipe at
the slightest provocation. I estimate well over 90% RH.